Cricket is another vastly admired sport with spread bettors. We offer a wide variety of marketplace on Cricket relating to runs, wickets, win indices and individual player performances. These markets are available across all forms of cricket from T20 to test matches.
Cricket is played throughout the year and therefore it makes a delight for the sports bettors. Consider the fact that in summer months, when football and most team sports take their annual break, English cricket season with the County Championship is in full swing.
Cricket betting has recently become very trendy among major global online sports betting companies. William Hill covers just about every cricket betting event possible from important events such as the ICC Cricket World Cup, or The Ashes, through English Cricket or Australian Pura Cup to local smaller cricket events.
The most viewed and popular event to bet is the Cricket World Cup, the World’s fourth largest sporting event, held every four years (one year after the Football World Cup, and one year before the Summer Olympics). The 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand, between February and March 2015. In its current format, the tournament is contested by 14 nations. The bi-annual Ashes cricket series, played between England and Australia, is the second most popular cricket event to wager on.
Other suggested cricket tournaments for betting include: ICC Champions Trophy, ICC World twenty20, Asia Cup, Chappel-Hadlee Trophy, CB Series (Australian Tri Series), Indian Premier League (IPL), T20 Big Bash and more.
Cricket Bet Types
Cricket offers many potential betting options. We have enlisted and explained some of the most popular ones. Take a look below:
- Match betting – The easiest call, just pick the team you think will win the game. Play it safe and put your money behind the team we’re picking to win, or take a chance on the outsider for a bigger pay-out.
- Top run-scorer – bettors decide which player in a given team will score the most runs.
- Cricket Correct Score betting – It’s your call as to how many runs in total from both teams you think will be scored in the Innings/Match? The ‘Match’ option is available for both One Day Internationals and Test Matches. The ‘Innings’ option is only available during Test Matches, because that’s when they actually play innings’.
- 1st Innings Lead – bettors decide which team will reach the highest score in the first innings.
- Cricket Man of the Match betting – bettors predict which player will outperform everyone else in the game. It can be a player from the winning or losing team, usually the batsman who scored the most runs or the bowler who got the most wickets.
- Cricket Winning Margin betting – bettors predict what will be the winning margin in the game.
- Highest Opening Partnership – bettors decide which opening partnership will reach the highest score.
- Most sixes/run-outs – bettors predict which team will hit the most sixes or lose the most wickets to run outs.
- Cricket in-running betting – betting on cricket markets whilst the game is in progress; live cricket betting offers a few extra betting opportunities such as Next man out’ and ‘method of next dismissal.
So as you can see, with cricket we offer so much more variety than just backing a team to win. If you’re ready to get started wagering online I suggest cricket betting odds, can be accessed on mobile or tablet.